Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cookbooks a Gour-Maybe Can't Live Without - The Gourmet Cookbook


For this most recent Gour-Maybe cookbooks post, I have to talk about a book that has everything you could ever want to cook. From the thousands of delicious recipes in one of my favorite places of inspiration, Gourmet Magazine, The Gourmet Cookbook by Ruth Reichl had to make this list: So many amazing recipes. Much like The Silver Palate, this is a cookbook to READ, not just cook from. If you aren't going to go through a formal cooking program (which is most us), there are so many great lessons to absorb if you just sit down with a cookbook instead of the US Weekly - although there are no Snooki/Bachelorette updates which I know can be devastating.

My favorite recipes - Calabasas, Turkey Chipotle Chili (I make it with turkey and beef), Mashed Jerusalem Artichokes, Pan-Roasted Mahi Mahi with Lime (I serve with the Calabasas)

No comments:

Post a Comment