Monday, April 16, 2012

Things I Love: Cypress Grove Chevre - Humbolt Fog

cypress grove humbolt fog
Like I've said, I'm a big fan of cheese. Cheese is to me, what shrimp was to Bubba in Forrest Gump: goat cheese, strong cheese, grilled cheese, soft cheese, hard cheese - you get the picture! I'm a bit of a cheese snob, but I'll get down with a Kraft Single on occasion. Here, we will talk about cheeses that I love and that I have great luck with when entertaining.

I am obsessed - OBSESSED - with the Cypress Grove Chevre. We will talk about them all the time on this blog, because I love every cheese they make, they are the masters of the goat cheese universe. The first cheese I ever fell in love with was their Humbolt Fog. They describe it on their website better than I could, because I'd just say freaking amazing.
Jump for more!

"Our signature offering, Humboldt Fog® is an elegant, soft, surface ripened cheese. The texture is creamy and luscious with a subtle tangy flavor. Each handcrafted wheel features a ribbon of edible vegetable ash along its center and a coating of ash under its exterior to give it a distinctive, cake-like appearance. An American Original!"
 Yes, yes it is. Whenever I make a cheese plate, either this, or its truffled friend, Truffle Tremor (which I will devote another post to,) make an appearance. Your guests will love it. Gour-maybe idea - do a goat-only, Cypress Grove cheese plate. Use Humbolt Fog, Truffle Tremor, Lamb Chopper, Midnight Moon and Purple Haze. Both Central Market and Whole Foods carry a large selection of these cheeses.





No comments:

Post a Comment