Sunday, April 15, 2012

How This Blog Works


Ok, gour-maybe world, I am going to try to keep things in a few basic categories, I don't want to have to go full Dewey decimal system here, so this should make finding old posts and new posts simple.

1. Basics - Recipes that I feel are foundations for you to build on and make your own. These will be easy, and use mostly common ingredients and techniques. These basics will help you make gourmet food easy.
2. Things I Love - These are personal favorites from dish towels to soap to vegetables that I have discovered along the way, and hope you like them too! I might throw a shoe in there.
3. Entertaining Essentials - I love to entertain, but it can be stressful when you are trying new things, or dealing with large crowds. Hey - it can just be stressful anyway! Here you can find info, tips and tricks to make entertaining easier.
4. Cookbooks - I love cookbooks. These days, many cookbooks are worthy of being coffee table books. I am weeding through lots to find the best of the bunch, and the best recipes in each cookbook for you.
5. Blow-outs - We have to keep the "gourmet" in gour-maybe! These will be block-out-some-kitchen-time, hit-up-Central-Market-'cause-you-probably-don't-have-all-the-ingredients, several-words-to-look-up-in-the-dictionary, learn-something-new, killer recipes.
6. Fails - Yes, fails. As my friend's husband said at their wedding, "Hey, if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out". Occasionally, there will be massive fails. Here we will see where it all went wrong. Hopefully not too many of these posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment