Sunday, August 12, 2012

Drink This Now! 2008 The Federalist Zinfandel


Looking for another great bottle of red wine that won't break the bank? I always am! Since it's election year, it seems only appropriate to get political with wine by drinking a bottle or two of the 2008 The Federalist Zinfandel. Learn more about their wines on their website here. If you don't get the reference/connection of "Federalist" and "politics" well, I don't know what to say - but Google it! I'm not usually a Zinfandel girl: I prefer Pinot Noir, but I try to keep an open mind and usually find something new to add to my list. At $29.00 retail (not restaurant), it's well-priced, versatile and delicious. We drank this over the weekend at Up Restaurant in Houston, and when you drink more than one bottle, as we did, you really get to know a wine. Usually summer heat is enough to make anyone go for a cold glass of white wine, but this red is spicy, light, and just right for a table or group even when people are having lots of different things. Our table had red fish, short ribs, lamb chops, and pasta. We all enjoyed it. Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment