Monday, August 6, 2012

Cookbooks a Bread-Making Gour-maybe Can't Live Without 005: Tartine Bread


If you've never been to the Tartine Bakery in San Francisco, you have to go. Also go to Bar Tartine the restaurant associated with the bakery. I love a carbohydrate, and their breads and baked goods are worth breaking any Zone Diet or Atkins pledge. I've been coveting the Tartine Bakery cookbook for some time (the cover is soft, like bread - I'm not kidding), and finally broke down this weekend and got it! If you love bread as much as I do, this is the bread you must bake.

Gour-maybe Caveat - these are not recipes for the impatient or faint of heart, but they are very doable with a few key elements. Check out an upcoming post to see me take on their Basic Country Bread recipe. It will hopefully be filed under the Blowout section and not the Fails section!




No comments:

Post a Comment