Sunday, March 3, 2013

THE. BEST. Brownies






What makes a brownie THE BEST freaking brownie I've ever eaten or made? Well, that would be a combination of great ingredients, the perfect consistency, and some little tricks that make the overall flavor extra special. In my case, those tricks are instant espresso, melted salted butter, Mexican vanilla and Guittard semi-sweet chocolate chips. Chocolate fans, you are in luck. Brownies are a great entertaining dessert, because they are so easy. I only use one bowl, and one pan, and the whole batch takes less than 40 minutes. These are so amazing warm, that I usually have to grab "one" - note - size of the "one" not defined -  out of the oven, but they are so moist and chewy that they stay that way even when cool. I make mine without nuts, but please feel free to add nuts - I know I  am strange but I just don't like nuts in my brownies. If these don't blow your mind, please let me know what brownies you've been eating, so I can make those! The chocolaty goodness begins after the jump.



THE. BEST. Brownies

  • 1 1/3 C All-purpose flour
  • 3/4 C best-quality unsweetened cocoa
  • 2 C granulated sugar
  • 4 large eggs - room temperature
  • 3/4 C vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp Mexican vanilla extract (you can use regular)
  • 1 tsp butter flavoring
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 3 tsp salted butter, melted
  • 1 T instant espresso
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp cornstarch
  • 1 C best-quality chocolate chips
  • 1 C chopped pecans or walnuts - optional

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease (I use butter) a 9 x 13" Pyrex or dark coated pan. In a large bowl by hand, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk the eggs and the sugar vigorously until well combined and fluffy (about 1 minute).  Add cocoa, vanilla, salt, instant espresso, baking powder, cornstarch. butter flavoring and flour. Stir or mix until well combined - approximately 1 minute. Stir in oil on low speed until completely incorporated. Stir in melted butter and chocolate chips (and nuts if using). Pour into baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I like these JUST done. 25 minutes is perfect in my kitchen, but test at 20 to make sure yours is the same. Let cool 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy!

**For Technorati claiming MRXE8BNHMFRS **




2 comments:

  1. They look delicious! I love brownies but I have never tried to make them.. But after seeing how easy they are this recipe is on of my priorities now:)
    Great blog & recipes:)Just followed you on GFC, feel free to visit back.x
    Just nominated you for the Liebster Award:)
    http://easytaste.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/my-first-award-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! These are really easy. And really delicious. My boyfriend ate 4 in one day:). I will check out the Liebster Awards - thanks so much for nominating!
    K

    ReplyDelete