Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Things I Love: Mother Shuckers Original Cocktail Sauce




First things first with a little disclaimer. Some cooking blogs don't like to post about products, and I totally see why. You want readers to feel that they are getting the straight scoop so-to-speak, not some paid-for or promoted product endorsement. However, there are certain items that I have discovered that I feel are of the highest quality and can really make life more delicious and cooking easier. The goal of Gour-Maybe? is to help my readers make better food so anything to that end is fair game on this blog! No product-focused posts on Gour-Maybe? are paid for or solicited. 

Now, onto the good stuff! I stumbled upon Mother Shucker's Cocktail Sauce on accident when I was in a pinch looking for something easy for some boiled shrimp I was craving. Yes, that's right, this girl was all cooked out after Thanksgiving! I just wanted to open a jar, boil some shrimp and be done with it. The name and packaging attracted me - it looks boutique, handmade, original - even says "Award-winning" so I gave it a shot.

Oh. My. God. This sauce is so good. Spicy, complex, fresh are just some of the terms I'd apply here. It's got a great color and just the right kick. I almost NEVER use a product straight out of the jar without tweaking it, adjusting seasoning and heat etc.  I also almost NEVER find a packaged product that is better than a fresh option. With that said, I would honestly not change a thing about this cocktail sauce, except make bigger bottles of it. I used it on boiled shrimp, but you could add it to a Bloody Mary or maybe just get a spoon or straw.

It will definitely be a Gour-Maybe? pantry/fridge staple. If your local store doesn't carry it, you can purchase it via their website here.

Try some for yourself and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment